Friday, December 19, 2008

We're Finally on Line

The original idea for this blog started back in June as we were working on the Sage on the Coast web site. I thought it would be fun to share cooking and eating experiences with my friends and customers as I traveled the United States this summer. We did some great dinners on farms and in out of the way areas as well as cooking for Kia Motor at various festivals around the country and all the while our economy was falling apart.
The original intent of this blog was to share food ideas, and that will happen, but I want to share with everyone that as a buisness guy I am having a tough time focusing only on my food. I hope everyone appreciates how hard we are working on our creative menus, tasting menus and happy hours because we all need customers. Bar menus, Monday discounts, no corkage Wednessdays and occasional specials are all the norm. I still go to the different farmer's markets and I still type with two fingers. I want to share food thoughts with everyone but I also want to rant. Times are frustrating and I hope everyone understands. As times go on we will offer food ideas and pictures and I hope you interact with us. We are looking forward to this. And finally we (as a universal we) hope you find it in yourself to spend some money---eatout, or just have some appetizers and a glass of wine but enjoy, relax and forget. We're all in this together.

2 comments:

Tasting... said...

I love Sage on the Coast and I am enjoying reading your BLOG. However, if I may be so bold, a suggestion - why not more vegetarian type dishes? At least one or two. The veggie plate isn't much, I've tried it. The salads are great but woman does not live by salad alone.

Annie Jelnick

Happy to Eat! said...

So excited about this blog! Looking forward to getting more of the inside scoop from Chef Mead.